Farm Wedding Photographer
I absolutely love farm weddings – the relaxed and rustic nature of the countryside makes a perfect setting for a wedding. And when you combine that with clear blue skies, BBQ, unlimited ice cream and the most awesome couple then you know it’s going to be a wedding to remember.
One of my favourite things about being a wedding photographer is that I get welcomed into the day like one of the family. However, I’ve been on a stag do with Shaun and Sally’s been a bridesmaid at three other weddings I’ve photographed! So it really couldn’t have felt much more like I was hanging out with friends in the sunshine.
Everything went perfectly, the whole day was really chilled – exactly what Sally & Shaun wanted. Keep reading to find out how they planned their wedding… oh and make sure you read all the way to the bottom for one of the best pieces of wedding advice!
Planning a Marquee Farm Wedding – Sally & Shaun
- Can you tell everyone a little about yourself?
Been together for 7 years and a mutual friend Dale put us in contact thinking we’d get along and laugh a lot, which both turned out to be true. I work for Screwfix in marketing and Shaun is a fire alarm engineer
- What about the proposal?
The proposal was in Daymer Bay where Shaun took me for a beach walk, and surprised me with a ring, totally a surprise as he made me take a photo with the ring snuck into the picture!
- How long did you spend planning your wedding?
Been engaged for four years, so lots of time planning the wedding, Covid and then Baby Ralph pushed the wedding back a couple of years
- What were you most looking forward to about your wedding?
Having all our favourite people in the same place and seeing all the ideas come to reality
- Did you have a specific theme, style or colour palette?
Rustic farm was our main theme, with the marquee being on Shaun’s mum and stepdad’s land, so many people came to help us out to make everything come together – from borrowing tractors to hay bails, we’re so lucky to have lots of people who know people!
- Where did you find inspiration when planning your wedding?
We wanted a very informal wedding and so to have it totally in our control we knew we had to have it on the farm. We decided this early on having been to a marquee wedding, we knew that but was what we then wanted, as it’s all so relaxed.
- Did you do anything to make your wedding unique to you or your story as a couple?
Marquee weddings are very DIY so everyone came together to help set up, move tables, borrow tractors, mow the farm – the weather was just perfect and made it the most exceptional week.
- How did you choose your wedding venue?
We chose the farm part early but did look at hotels to make sure we were doing the right thing, we quickly realised we were! The town hall was close and convenient with gorgeous views, so that was an easy win too.
- What advice would you give to couples looking for a wedding venue?
Go with the place that makes you feel most comfortable and relaxed, the most like you guys as a couple.
- What was your biggest worry or concern when choosing a photographer?
We were never in doubt having seen your work previously, nothing was a concern.
- What advice would you give to couples who are looking for a photographer?
Again go with whoever you feel most relaxed with.
- What was the best thing you spent money on for your wedding?
The band were a real addition that we weren’t sure we should afford, but it just gave an extra layer of energy and were an epic group of humans!
- Would you like to give a shout-out to anyone in particular?
To everyone that helped make it what it was, we couldn’t have done it as two of us.
- Where did you get ready?
Grosvenor Hotel with my bridesmaids, I felt calm and relaxed, Shaun was way more anxious and had all the nerves for both of us.
- How did you feel when you saw each other for the first time?
Emotional, but so happy to be there! We felt the way we hoped we’d feel!
- Was there any part of the day you were particularly nervous about?
Nervous for everyone’s speeches as none of them were public speakers, they all did so amazing though!
- Did you or Shaun plan any surprises for each other? If so, tell us all about it!
Shaun got me a gift and a card – with handwritten words in!
- Did you break any wedding “traditions” or go against the norm?
I had an outfit change, which was unusual.
- What was your favourite part of your day?
When Ralph joined us at the alter and began kissing Shaun, it made everyone laugh and feel better.
- And finally… Any words of wedding planning wisdom?
Plan your wedding around you both as a couple, we’d have loved to have been guests at ours and that’s what we based all our decisions on!
Congratulations & Thank Yous
Massive, massive congratulations to Sally & Shaun and a huge thank you for choosing me to photograph your wedding. I’d also like to thank all the other suppliers who came together to make their day so perfect.
Marquee Hire: Affordable Marquees | Flowers: Bright Blooms | Caterers: Host A Roast | Gelato Truck: Palette & Pasture | Cake: Godminster | Dress: Street Bridal Reloved Suits: Moss Bros | Band: The Enrichments
Looking For A Wedding Photographer
If you’re planning your wedding and like what you’ve seen here then please drop me a message. I photograph farm weddings all over the UK. Oh, and if you’re not married, but are thinking about popping the question – check out my Surprise Proposal Photography.
- Huntstile Organic Farm Wedding PhotographerHuntstile Organic Farm Wedding Photographer, photographs hill-top stone circle wedding ceremony, with tractor rides, trapeze performances + live music!
- Longlands At Cartmel Wedding PhotographyIt was an absolute pleasure to photograph Lisa & Josh’s wedding at Longlands at Cartmel. I’d been looking forward to photographing their wedding ever since they booked me and it did not disappoint! When I initially spoke with Lisa about photographing their wedding, she said “the main thing … Read more
- Gisburne Park Wedding PhotographyGisburne Park is one of the UK’s most amazing exclusive use wedding venues. Set in 1000 acres of Ribble Valley countryside, Gisburne Park Estate is ideal for those couples who love the outdoors but also want luxury. Getting married at Gisburne Park. Imagine getting married in a 10-acre … Read more